Moving to Germany
Trünk offers micro moving services to the Germany. It is the perfect moving system for shipping what is essential. If you are only moving a small amount of your valued goods or if you have a larger move via ocean, our micro move solution is a perfect add on to get what's needed there fast.
Curious about how much it costs to move to Germany? Find out just how much it will cost to move your essential personal effects to Germany.
USED HOUSEHOLD GOODS AND PERSONAL EFFECTS FOR GERMANY
- Copy of passport
- Copy of visa
- Bill of lading (BL) / air waybill (AWB)
- Packing list in German or English
- Customs declaration / signed letter by owner of the goods
- Customs registration form 0350
- Letter of employment or botschaftsbescheinigung (returning citizens)
- Anmeldebestaetigung (registration)
- Diplomatic entry form 0349 (diplomats)
- Certificate from the diplomatic organization in Germany (diplomats)
- Effective processing of the Customs declaration can only commence once the goods are in the European Union and have been presented at the Customs office.
- Products imported into the European Customs Union are subject to duties only when and where the product first enters the European Union (e.g., Germany).
- The Customs declaration should be provided by the local agent in Germany.
- A letter signed by the owner of the goods certifying that the following taxable high value goods have not been included in the shipment:
- Customs registration form 0350 stating goods will not be sold for 12 months.
- Letter of employment must state the term of employment will be for a minimum of 12 months and that the owner of the goods lived abroad for at least 12 months (must be issued by the employer of the client)
- Anmeldebestaetigung can be obtained from the appropriate German town hall confirming registration of new residency in Germany (not older than 3 months).
- Effective 1st November, 2015, the owner of the goods is required to obtain a confirmation letter, called "Wohngeberbescheinigung" from their future landlord in order to get a registration, "Anmeldebestaetigung".
- The confirmation letter, "Wohngeberbescheinigung" must confirm that the owner of the goods will live at the address mentioned.
- Shipment must arrive in Germany within 12 months after registration in Germany.
- Botschaftsbescheinigung from the German Embassy or Consulate at origin.
- This document serves to confirm the period of time abroad (returning citizens).
- Proof of registration may not be older than 3 months.
- All goods for duty-free importation, such as household goods and personal effects must have been in the owner of the goods' possession for at least 6 months in the origin country.
- Duty-free entry for foreign diplomats is permitted if a bilateral agreement exists with the origin country.
- Weapons (applicable license is required)
- Live plants (special import license is required)
- Tobacco and cigarettes (subject to duties and taxes)
- Alcohol does not qualify as household effets and is always subject to duties and taxes. The shipper is required to sign a customs declaration to confirm that the shipment does not contain alcoholic beverages.
- Customs clearance of alcohol is an additional customs clearance and not included in standard destination rates
- Alcohol is subject to duties as per a EU customs code which is complicated. Alcohol is also subject to taxes based on
- duties as per tariff
- taxes of 19% based on duties plus proportionate costs of transport (door-to-door)
- Drugs and narcotics
- Dried plants
- Pornographic materials
- Certain types of meat
- Radioactive materials
- Any protected animal or species (ivory, snakeskin, leopard fur, etc.)
- Items of historical significance (pre-Columbian items, etc.)